- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846. John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
- Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860. John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.
- Both were shot in the back of the head in the presence of their wives.
- Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.
- Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
- Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
- Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
- Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
- Lincoln was shot in the Ford Theatre. Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
- Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse. Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran And hid in a theater.
- Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.
Best Facts of All Time
Anatidaephobia is the pervasive, irrational fear that, somewhere in the world, a duck is watching you. The person believes that no matter where they are or what they are doing, a duck is watching them.
The people who suffer from this phobia have suffered some sort of trauma in their lives, likely when he or she was a child. This trauma probably had to do with a duck or some sort of related water fowl, like a goose. Perhaps the person was attacked by one of these animals.
Some of the symptoms of this phobia include an anxiety or panic attack. This results in a dry mouth, shortness of breath, muscle tension, hyperventilation, etc.
Some awesome lists!
You're more likely to die on your way to buy a lottery ticket than you are to actually win the lottery.
We’ve all heard the adage “you’re more likely to get struck by lightning than to win the lottery.” Sounds grim. Apparently, it’s also more likely that you will die on the way to buying your lottery ticket than actually win the lottery.
Of course this all depends on your mode of transportation to buy the ticket and the characteristics of the area where you buy it and even your demographics. It is true that you are more likely to die in a car accident than win though. The gist is that it’s very unlikely that you will win the lottery.
Some other things that are more likely than winning the lottery? Dying from flesh-eating bacteria, dying from a bee sting, becoming a movie star, dying in a bathtub and having identical quadruplets.
There are a lot of interesting and random phopias out there. Dendrophobia is the fear of trees. Blennophobia is the fear of slime. And neophobia is the fear of anything new. However, the fear of long words may have the most ironic (and cruelest name).
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. So let’s say you do have this phobia. You’d be terrify to name your ailment. Kind of a conundrum.