It's been a long time coming, but we've finally finished categorizing all of the past published posts on OMG Facts. It took a while, because we had to back-categorize over 5,000 posts that had come out on the site since we started in February of 2010.
We chose the following categories, based on the most common topics on the site:
- Sex: For all the knowledge on the birds and the bees.
- Celebs: A catch-all category for Celebrities, showbusiness and really famous people
- Animals: Animal posts are really popular on the site, so it makes sense that we have a category for them.
- Sports: For all athletic feats.
- Business: This is for news about companies doing really cool (or disastrous! stuff)
- History: World War II and Nazi posts are very common and interesting. This category is for that and everything that happened a long time ago.
- Language: This is for facts about word origins, surprising meanings, or funny translations.
- Science: For most things relating to scientific developments and the human body.
- Technology: While it may be very related to Science, we wanted Technology to have its own category, because these stories are really popular.
- Other: A catch-all category for anything that doesn't quite fit any of the above.
What do you think? Those are the categories that we came up with, based on what was posted already on the site. Do you like them? Are there any categories you think we missed or that you'd like to see? Tell me in the comments!
Also, in case you didn't know, the first four categories Sex, Celebs, Animals and Sports have their own OMG Facts official account. They post interesting facts on the subject that don't usually make it on the site, so if you're interested in those topics, go follow them!