A headmaster ate a poisonous spider at an assembly to raise money for a new sports facility at his school.
After less than a month at St. Olave's Grammar School in Orpington, Kent, Aydin Onac has received mixed reactions from parents and students alike. This is mostly due to the recent stunt in which he decided to eat a poisonous tarantula at a school assembly. Fortunately the toxins are rendered harmless during the baking process, so Onac was never in any serious danger. The headmaster says that the tarantula was "very salty and tasted a bit like burnt chicken."