Titan is the largest moon of Saturn and is the only natural satellite known to have a dense atmosphere. Other than Earth, it is the only known object with stable surface liquids. Titan’s atmosphere is the only fully developed atmosphere that exists on a natural satellite in the Solar System.
Its atmosphere is denser than that of Earth and has opaque haze layers that keep the Sun and other light sources from allowing us to view its surface. The thickness of the atmosphere coupled with the low gravity can allow humans to flap fake wings and fly there. The Titan’s stratosphere is 98.4 percent nitrogen and the rest of the 1.6 percent being of methane and hydrogen. It means that it is the only other nitrogen-rich atmosphere in the Solar System other than Earth.
The commonalities between Earth and the moon of Titan are intriguing to look at. Scientists continue to break barriers and get closer to seeing Titan’s surface and learning more about its composition.