In the Harry Potter series, Voldemort’s Horcruxes were destroyed in the same order that they were created in!
A Horcrux is a powerful magic object in which a Dark witch or wizard has hidden part of their soul in an effort to achieve immortality. The creator of the Horcrux will remain alive for as long as it remains intact, even if his or her body is damaged or destroyed. The catch to this process is that the soul must be ‘ripped’ in order to infuse part of it into an object. This is accomplished through committing murder, which is why the creation of a Horcrux is considered to be the most vile of all Dark acts. Unbeknownst to the Dark wizard, he accidentally created EIGHT total Horcruxes (counting his own soul), but only seven ever occurred at one time. All of Voldemort’s (intentional) Horcruxes were made using objects that were of some importance to him. The following is a list of the seven Horcruxes, the people murdered to create them, and when/where they were destroyed.
- Tom Riddle’s Diary: Moaning Myrtle - destroyed by Harry Potter in the Chamber of Secrets during his 2nd year
- Marvolo Gaunt’s Ring: Tom Riddle, Sr. - destroyed by Albus Dumbledore in his office during the summer after Harry’s 5th year
- Salazar Slytherin’s Locket: a Muggle tramp - destroyed by Ron Weasley in the Forest of Dean during what would have been Harry’s 7th year
- Helga Hufflepuff’s Cup: Hepzibah Smith - destroyed by Hermione Granger in the Room of Requirement during the Battle of Hogwarts*
- Rowena Ravenclaw’s Diadem: an Albanian peasant - destroyed by Vincent Crabbe in the Room of Requirement during the Battle of Hogwarts*
- Harry Potter: the attempted murder of Harry - destroyed by Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest during the Battle of Hogwarts*
- Nagini the snake: Bertha Jorkins - destroyed by Neville Longbottom in the Entrance Hall of Hogwarts during the Battle of Hogwarts*
- *As you may notice, less than HALF of the Horcruxes had been destroyed prior to the Battle of Hogwarts!!