After filming Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, his movie parents got hitched for real. They must've had a really good time working together on set. Here's a few more interesting facts about the classic movie.
- Cameron’s dad’s Ferrari wasn’t real. It was too expensive to rent one, so they made 3 fake ones of fiberglass.
- Charlie Sheen stayed awake for 48 hours before shooting the scene in police station to get his drugged-out look.
- Some memorable moments weren't even filmed. Jeannie was filmed kicking Roonie only once, the other two were created through editing. Also, Ferris and Sloane's kiss was a short peck until it was edited into the long kiss on film.
- Jim Carrey, Robert Downey Jr, and Johnny Depp were all considered for the part of Ferris Bueller. It’s hard to imagine anyone else playing Ferris other than Matthew Broderick!
- This is another iconic role that Eric Stoltz lost. He was up for the role of Ferris. He was also famously cast as Marty McFly before being replaced by original choice, Michael J. Fox