John Cleese is an English actor, comedian, writer and film producer, best known for being a membership of the comedy troupe Monty Python which was responsible for the sketch show Monty Python’s Flying Circus and the four Monty Python films.
Additionally, he also played memorable roles in two James Bond films, two Harry Potter films, and three Shrek films.
His family’s surname was previously "Cheese" but his father changed it to "Cleese" in 1915 upon joining the Army. Therefore, he was born as John Cleese. But regardless of what you call him, there’s no denying that John is an extremely talented individual. He went from getting gold stars at St.Peter’s Precatory School to achieving numerous BAFTAs and Academy Award.
Here's more facts about this living comedy legend:
- He holds a law degree from Cambridge University
- He reached his adult height of 6'4 3/4" at age 13
- Owns an Antique shop in California
- His mom lived to be 101
- After a necessary removal, he sold part of his colon!
- He originally wanted to be a classic Shakespearean actor